Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Well, Here We Are

I have started and re-started this post about four times in the last half-hour. I'm just not sure what to write about today! I have several topics on my burners, but I can't seem to expand on any of them. I also can't decide what type of music I want to listen to this morning.
Maybe I need more coffee. Or less coffee.
A part of my job is to set up and run the Wayne County Fair. The woman who I would normally do this with is pregnant, and just called this morning to inform us that the doctors are taking her out of work immediately rather than a week and a half from now. This means that we are now flying solo with only about a week until the fair. All of the big projects are done; now it's all the annoying little things that one doesn't think about until it's a week away from the fair.
How am I supposed be in charge of a whole county's worth of volunteers if I can't even decide what music to listen to in the morning?


Summer Storm Tanka 
 
In the rain and wind
one can smell the ozone layer;
sweet breath of the sky.
Lightning burns away the old,
thunder heralds what is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment