Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lights, Camera, Poetry

For those of you who keep up-to-date with my posts, you will know that I have been struggling with a topic piece - the topic being movies.
Well, I'm happy to report that I did it. I finally sat down and wrote a Haiku about movies. Inspired by the fact that I prefer theater, I wrote about the fourth wall. I hate that damned fourth wall! Break down the fourth wall, I say. But, people are uncomfortable with nothing between them and the story. Very few of us actually enjoy audience interaction at shows, and fewer actually understand the reason for it. When we go to a theater (movie or otherwise) we are looking to disengage, not engage in the story.
We all build our own fourth wall.


 
Theater Haiku
 
Story in a box;
suspension of disbelief.
Welcome to the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment