Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Overheat

I don't know if I'm just too delicate, but I can over heat instantly. If I take a shower that's too hot, I'll get a fever. My core temperature is actually about half a degree higher than what is common, so needless to say Summer and I don't always get along.
That already being an established fact, the AC in my office has been broken for the past week. I come home nauseous every day, but as soon as I sit in some cool air and drink another bottle of water (in addition to the four or five I already drink daily) I'm fine again. I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but it is truly ridiculous.
On the other hand, Summer is the time for drinks on the beach, camping with friends, and not wearing a lot of clothing. I'm a night person - a nyctophile if you will - and I find Summer nights to be particularly energizing. Maybe it's the wonder of the fireflies, maybe it's the fact that I can let my bare skin touch the Earth without freezing, but there is just a different magik to Summer nights. I can absolutely feel like a child again when I'm under the moonlight and it's 75 degrees.
Okay, Summer; we can still hang out.


Summer Heat Tanka     
 
Swirling in the air;
wet and burning all at once.
Find in the darkness
a firm hug from an old friend
long forgotten in the Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment