Monday, July 8, 2013

Losing Time

Oh my goodness, tomorrow night is my Writer's Guild meeting and I've hardly even thought about the assignment! I've had two weeks to write it, and yet I didn't write a thing relating to the topic. Did i lose track of time? Was I just too busy? Too tired? Uninspired?
Before I get too deep into rhyming, I'll fill you in. The topic for this week's meeting is movies. An interesting topic to write Haiku on, indeed. I'm not even sure which direction to go in; Haiku, Tanka, Choka? Do I write about a favorite movie? Going to see a movie? Do I even bother with the topic, or do I just read something else I've written?
Between work, climbing, and other various appointments, I feel as though I have been stretched rather thinly. Then again, I have had plenty of down-time. There were days when all I did was sit on the couch, have a beer, and play Pokemon. So what's my excuse? Whenever I get a chance to sit and think, I don't feel like thinking about the writing topic. Maybe I just can't get a handle on writing about movies. It seems awkward in my mind, so maybe I'm ignoring it.
Instead, here's a weird little Haiku about why I love clocks because they are essentially devices to keep track of themselves


 
Time/Watches Haiku
 
Time is defined as
change within a moment, so
clocks measure themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment