Sunday, August 11, 2013

Shooting Stars

Just a short post before the meteor shower tonight!
Whenever I watch a meteor shower, I have a strange experience. I can hear the meteors.
This probably sounds like something I'm making up, and maybe it is just an overactive imagination, but I really do hear the meteors. They sound like if wind chimes and a slide whistle had a baby. That's honestly the best I can describe it. Maybe I'm just subconsciously romanticizing the situation?
I also hear snow falling, but other people have confirmed that they hear it, too. Only when I talk about the sound of shooting stars do people look at me like I'm crazy.
I always look forward to the Perseid Meteor Shower. I think that it might be because it always occurs the week before my birthday, though.


Music of the Stars Haiku  

 Symphonic Cosmos;
unheard sounds burst into light.
Can the Heavens weep?

No comments:

Post a Comment