Thursday, August 22, 2013

Coffee Time

I love drinking coffee. It's not even so much the caffeine, but I love the taste. I like my coffee black, or with cream, or with cream and sugar, or with a flavor. At work, I usually drink it black - I like my coffee black, just like my metal. This week, though, we have leftover creamers from the County Fair that I've been using. And, oh, what creamers they are! Almond Joy, and vanilla, and York Peppermint Patty flavors! They are too tastey not to use.
Coffee its self is actually pretty good for you. Not only does it aid in one's ability to focus and retain information, it also kick starts the metabolism. It's when we add a cup of steamed milk and three packets of sugar that coffee becomes bad for us. Of course, in excess, anything is bad for you. I'm sure everyone is aware of what happens to the body after too much coffee. I've limited myself to two cups a day; one in the morning, and another one in the afternoon/evening if I want it. There's just something so comfortable about having a nice hot cup of coffee.


Coffee Tanka
 
Boiling and black,
as though brewed in a culdron;
steam floats to the Sun.
This bitter taste calms my mind;
this darkness makes me feel bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment