Thursday, August 29, 2013

Prerecorded Message One

The next few posts will have been written the past. I'm prepping a few before I go off to the State Fair for a few nights and will be unable to post new content. It's like time travel, but it's not.
It occurred to me that not a lot of people know what the 4-H program is. Well, let me take this time to tell you. Let's start with the four H's themselves.
The four H's stand for Head, Heart, Hands, and Health. There is a 4-H pledge, which goes: "I pledge my Head to clearer thinking, my Heart to greater loyalty, my Hands to larger service, and my Health to better living for my Club, my Community, my Country, and my World". Also, I recently learned that the 4-H clover is being plagiarized! To be an official, legal 4-H clover, the stem needs to be pointing to the right, and the serial code needs to be present.
The basic idea of 4-H is to teach youth applicable life skills through growing experiences while encouraging a sense of community.


4H Haiku 
Head, Heart, Hands, and Health.
Where could we go without them?
More than just four words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment