Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer and the Super Moon

Wow, what a busy, beautiful, emotional weekend!
First, it was the Summer Solstice, which means that it is officially time for some summer cocktails at this lady's house. To go along with all that sunny power, the Super Moon also occurred this weekend. To be honest, I enjoyed the Super Moon way more than the Solstice - I do not do well in the heat. Even today I had a horrid migraine from the hot, humid weather. Alas, there's nothing I can do to change it, so I can only do my best to embrace it.
Condolences were share today at the church I attend, as a baby boy aged 2 months entered into eternity. I wish I had better, sweeter, more comforting words to give.
I composed this Choka in Puerto Rico, where I experienced an absolute Summery moment. It was not written on the Solstice, but it refers to the entrance of Summer nicely. Super Moon poetry to come!




The Setting Solstice

 
Seen through dark glasses -

night time on the Horizon.

Still hot underfoot.



Cup raised to the sky;

wine as pale as the hot moon.

I’ll drink to her smile.



Slice of lemon for

the cocktail of the Ocean.

Salty sweet slumber.


No comments:

Post a Comment