Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Fire Walk

I suppose it's only appropriate to dedicate my first post to the event that mad me realize that it is time to move forward with my poetry: my recent Fire Walk. It empowered me by giving me the knowledge that I already have everything I need within me.
The Arrow Breaking ceremony before hand truly affected me the most. The tip of an arrow was placed on the soft spot of my throat, and as my companions shouted the object of my journey (clarity), I stepped forward with great power and snapped the obstructing arrow in half. We then moved onto the actual Fire Walk, where I realized that the clarity I so sought after was within my grasp. I thought there would be some trick to walking over live coals, but there's not; you just walk. In life, there's no secret to getting to where you want to be; you just have to go ahead. So, without further ado . . .

 Fire Walk Haiku
Snap the old arrow;
learn the secrets of the coals.
It's never too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment