Monday, September 16, 2013

Season's Falling

Autumnal Haiku
 
Orange leaves burst on trees,
the sky is a clear bright blue.
I awoke feeling cold.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Autumn is probably my favorite time of year. I love the colors, I love the air, I love smells, I love snuggling under blankets with a warm drink at night. I know that the leaves are just starting to tint themselves with red and gold, but I still feel that shiver that means that Fall is here!
I love Winter, too, but it's a little early to be talking about that. I'll stick to discussing Autumn so that all of you Winter haters don't start panicking. I'll give you a nice, warm tip: drink a nice, warm cocktail! I like a variation of Hot Buttered Rum that I made when I decided that butter and booze sounded disgusting. I called it Hot Pie Rum, but it's a working title.
It's simple to make. Just a splash of Pumpkin Pie Coffee Creamer, a shot of Spiced Rum, fill the glass with hot (hot!) water, then add nutmeg and cinnamon. Basically, it's exactly Hot Buttered Rum with Coffee Creamer instead of butter. Careful, though! When the steam hits your face, the Rum will invade your senses!
Expect plenty more poetry as the Season gets colder, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment