Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Joys of a Dilettante

I've made it my goal to know as much about as many things as I can. I boast a wide range of interest, with moderate knowledge and/or skill in each. I'm not really a know-it-all, I'm more of a know-a-little-about-a-lot. Admittedly, I often come off as a know-it-all, but that is hard to avoid I think. And, truth be told, there is something very satisfying about being pedantic every now and then.
That being said, I must tell you that I despise learning. To learn something I have to be taught, and that takes all the fun out of the knowledge. I much prefer to find it out when there's something I want to know. That's why I hated college so much - no education took place. All I had to do was repeat what a professor said so that I could receive a number to prove that I remembered what the professor said. This is one of the reasons why I'm now getting my degree online, rather than through a traditional college.
There's just so much information in this world - and in worlds parallel to ours. I don't know how anyone can go through life without finding at least one wonderful thing a day.


Education Haiku 
 
Opening one's mind;
learning what was always known.
Stories of the Earth.




No comments:

Post a Comment