Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Maxwell

Maxwell is the name of my mini van. I grew up in Maxwell; he is the vehicle I learned to drive, and he is reliable (for the most part). When my first car, Franklin, broke down Maxwell became mine since my dad had bought himself a truck. Apparently, I am not such a scary driver behind the wheel of a mini van. People have witnessed me perform surgeon-precise parking jobs with big, rusty Maxwell.
I drove Maxwell a lot this weekend, having to commute to the State Fair in Syracuse (from Palmyra) for four days. He was also crammed full of 4H projects yesterday for the final trip. I am really happy with Maxwell; he didn't complain once!
A lot of credit is given to family pets, but what about family cars? Sure, they may be old junkers by the time we get them, but they get us where we're going throughout our whole life.


Maxwell's Haiku 
 
Both long and short trips;
room for what we need to bring.
Coming and going.

No comments:

Post a Comment