Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Whether is Changing

Tasseomantic Haiku

 Ginger-lemon tea,
timeless and trusted cure-all.
Warms me through-and-through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may have made up the word "tasseomantic" but it sounds really good, so I'm just going to roll with it. Tasseomancy - more commonly called tasseography - is the art of divination through tea-leaves. This is a skill I have acquired, along with making up nice sounding words.
I've written about coffee a few times before, because I love coffee very very much. But I also have a not-so-secret love affair with tea. Tea, for some reason, is actually a lot easier to write poetry about than coffee. At least, I think it is. Could be a personal thing, though.
I have taken it upon myself to cut back on my alcohol consumption after many concerned glances and snide comments from various directions. I suppose it's best to nip any potential problem in the bud. Granted, a drink or two every night doesn't seem like much of a problem now, but I know that it could grow into one if not kept in check. Ginger-lemon tea has become my nightcap a few times a week because it is delicious and I was already drinking it, anyway.
Ginger can be used to aid in the treatment of almost any internal disorder. Its properties are numerous and mysterious. It also makes everything taste warm and inviting. If you need something to warm you, heal you, sooth you, and make you feel generally wonderful I recommend ginger tea.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment