Saturday, November 2, 2013

Cozy Weather

Cumulonimbus Haiku  

 Lie here in my arms,
shelter from the chilling wind.
The world grows tired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love this kind of gray, chilly weather. My cat was the inspiration for this poem. He does not like the wind very much, and as he is old he gets cold and wants to perch in someones lap for warmth. So yesterday - when it was particularly unpleasant weather for uneasy cats - he curled up in my lap as I enjoyed some hot coffee, and we stared out the window at the leaves chasing each other across the yard.
I felt so completely comfortable that it was almost humbling. I was grateful, too, though I can't specifically say for what I was grateful. Perhaps it was a moment of Yugen - a Japanese word expressing an awareness of the Universe that triggers an emotional response too deep and too powerful for words.
Of course, the blowing leaves soon became too exciting for the cat to resist and he had to jump in the window in an attempt to be closer to the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment