Sunday, October 13, 2013

Nothing for the Sake of Nothing

Saturday Haiku  

 Coffee shop weekend,
watching time and people pass.
No obligations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who didn't catch on, I wrote this yesterday. I actually had a lot of things that I could have been doing yesterday, but instead I sat outside of my favorite coffee shop with I book I've read before and did nothing.
One of my favorite hobbies is to do nothing. I don't think about what I could or should be doing, I focus on what I am doing - which is simply existing. And, surprisingly, people react to this. I suppose it's not a common thing to see someone enjoying doing real, true nothing. People made comments about what a lovely spot I had (a table in the sunshine with one chair for my feet), or on what a lovely day it was to relax with a book. The inviting aura I exude when simply existing is irresistible to people - and, I hope, contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment